Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Thoughts on LinkedIn

I was not familiar with this network but liked the idea of a separate social place for professionals.
The home page is not busy in any way. In fact, it is almost too basic (keep reading). I searched the directory of names but could not view full profiles unless a was a LinkedIn user. Actually, I did not recognize anyone by name after searching a few letters. It was not until a third (or possibly fourth) reading, that I noticed the links at the bottom of the home page. Links to About LinkedIn, Help & FAQ and Media Coverage were all useful and provided the kind of information that I was looking for. I believe they should be placed more prominently on the page. I have decided not to sign in for the time being, but have learned the purpose of the network.

No comments: